Alta Textiles, from designer Nancy Kingsland, is a maker of luxury fabric home accessories for both indoors and outdoors. Founded with a strong belief that your home should hug you every time you walk in the door, each Alta Textiles design is functional, distinctive and fresh – but with an edge – to help you create a warm, welcoming place.
We are excited to welcome Alta Textiles to the Oak Brook Artisan Market at Oakbrook Center on Sat & Sun, Oct 5-6, 2019. This 2-day outdoor market showcases the Midwest’s finest artisans in fashion, food, home goods + art.
Each home accessory piece is either a limited edition or one-of-a-kind. Kingsland specializes in creating distinctive pouf ottomans and pillows. Nancy works in eclectic and unique fabrics, such as vintage sweaters, leathers and vinyls, and that makes everyday items just a little more special.
You can expect:
• Something special – One-of-a-kind or limited edition pieces, as well as custom work.
• Contemporary, clean design – Along with fun, flair and a touch of cool elegance.
• The unexpected – Non-traditional fabrics transform familiar things to memorable.
• Craftsmanship – Every piece designed and handmade in Chicago.
Alta Textiles specializes in the art of elevating everyday accessories that “work fine” into pieces that get noticed and add to the individuality of your space. Handcrafted means there’s part of the maker in each piece … uniqueness, love and special talents that shine through.
Handmade means there is no endless reproduction of the same things over and over. Handmade is distinctive with a story to tell. It combats the sameness all around us.
Nancy believes that wherever you call home should be individual and a reflection of you and your family. It should be welcoming, warm, and memorable for how it feels.
You won’t find mass-market fabrics at Alta Textiles; but what you will find are pieces you can’t get anywhere else and made with topnotch work-womanship. Every item is functional, practical art.
Meet the maker:
Nancy Kingsland lives in Chicago, and after 25 years in the health insurance industry, she needed to recharge. She left a long, successful corporate career to pursue and grow a long-latent creative streak and to challenge herself in new ways. She started Alta Textiles as a creative outlet, naming it for her proud and tougher-than-nails grandma, Alta, who has always been Nancy’s inspiration.
* Oak Brook Artisan Market – 2-Day Outdoor Market at Oakbrook Center
* Chicago Artisan Market – 100+ Artisans in Food, Fashion, Home Goods + Art
* StyleChicago.com’s 6th annual Cruise in Style (Dinner Cruise) aboard the Odyssey