Zazi Natural Foods makes spiced, organic grass-fed and coconut ghee, sourcing locally whenever possible, and with a focus on community. The spice and herb blends are created to support your healthy lifestyle, based on globally inspired flavors and grounded in principles of Ayurveda.
Shop and support Zazi Natural Foods at the Chicago Artisan Market in Fulton Market on Sunday, October 17, 2021 at Morgan MFG (401 N. Morgan St., Chicago). Discover top Chicago & Midwest artisans in food, fashion, home goods + art.
What is ghee?
Ghee (pronounced GEE with a hard G) is a type of clarified butter that is made when butter is heated and the milk solids separate and are removed. Ghee has less lactose and dairy proteins (like casein) than butter. It is used as a butter substitute.
Grassfed and Coconut ghee flavors:
• Golden Turmeric – turmeric, ginger, black Pepper
• Nitter Kebbeh – basil, onion, fenugreek, cumin, garlic, black pepper, turmeric
• Mediterranean Herb – oregano, marjoram, cumin, black pepper **grassfed only**
• Vanilla Spice – vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, black pepper
• Dates packed in Vanilla Spice ghee
• Figs packed in Vanilla Spice ghee
Because Zazi Natural Foods cares about the planet and strives to do good in the community, they work hard to source the best ingredients to make delicious ghee that is compatible with paleo, vegan, keto, GAPS intro and other individualized diets.
All their products are made using organic ingredients. They source locally-grown produce for the nitter kebbeh, Midwest grass-fed butter to make the ghee, and organic coconut oil for the vegan ghee. Even the spices and dried herbs are organic.
Zazi partners with community organizations and donates a portion of proceeds to preserve ancient healing cultural practices.
Zazi Natural Foods
Oak Park, IL
More things to do in Chicago:
• Oak Brook Artisan Market – 2-Day Outdoor Market in Oak Brook, IL
• Chicago Artisan Market – Best of the Midwest in Fulton Market and Ravenswood
• StyleChicago.com’s 7th annual Cruise in Style aboard the Odyssey – Dinner Cruise