Young Living Essential Oils are aromatic, concentrated plant extracts that are carefully obtained through steam distillation, cold pressing or resin tapping. Young Living offers essential oils, blends and oil-infused products with the optimal levels of specific, naturally occurring essential oil constituents to maximize their potency.
At the intersection of cutting-edge research and traditional wisdom, Young Living formulates essential oil-based wellness solutions that empower you to eliminate harmful chemicals, energize your life, ditch stress and negativity, and reclaim your natural radiance. Explore here to learn how you can integrate essential oils into your home, your healthy lifestyle, and your personal care.
How to use Essential Oils:
• Aromatically – Diffuse the oils with a diffuser (a small, plug-in humidifier/atomizer) by combining drops of oil with water which then gets dispersed into the air or add drops of your favorite essential oils to a cotton ball and place it in areas where you want to disperse the scent.
• Topically – One of the most popular uses, some oils can be rubbed directly into the skin and some can be added to fragrance-free lotions, creams and ointments.
• Internally – The Young Living Vitality dietary essential oil line was developed for internal use and can be added to beverages and foods.
Essential oils are very potent and a little goes a long way.
• Less is more – you can always add another drop, so start slow, whether you’re using your oils topically, aromatically or internally.
• Due to potency, some oils may be irritating to the skin. If irritation occurs, immediately apply V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex or pure vegetable oil to the affected area to dilute.
• Always read label directions for each individual oil before use.
• Do not put essential oils in eyes, ears, nose, or other areas with sensitive skin.
The Early Years:
The Young Living community of wellness started small in 1993, when D. Gary Young and Mary Young developed their first organic herb farming and distillation operation. At the time, Gary Young had already discovered the incredible power of essential oils, but because the quality of available oils varied so greatly, he’d been unable to fully harness their potential. Mary’s previous experience in the direct-selling industry enabled the Youngs to fulfill their vision and establish a business that would empower its members to share truly pure essential oils with the world.
After establishing Young Living in 1994, the Youngs developed more farmland in Utah and Idaho and began cultivating lavender, peppermint, melissa, clary sage and many other herbs. Fueled by a growing demand for top-quality essential oils, Young Living designed and built the largest, most technologically advanced essential oil distillery in North America.
Young Living developed its groundbreaking Seed to Seal® process, which preserves the integrity and potency of essential oils through every step of the production process.
Young Living Essential Oils Presented by Pamela Jameson