Salty Provisions by Wanderlust Sea Salt makes handcrafted, infused sea salt blends and seasoning blends using crisp, clean Norwegian Flake Sea Salt as the main ingredient. Made with gluten-free ingredients, no anti-caking agents, no artificial colors, flavors or fillers, the salts and seasonings are gluten-free, paleo and keto friendly.
Shop & support Salty Provisions at the Chicago Artisan Market in Ravenswood on Sat- Sun, April 22-23, 2023 at 4325 N. Ravenswood Ave., Chicago (Artifact Events Bldg.). Discover top Chicago & Midwest artisans in food, fashion, home goods + art.
Some of the Salty Provisions Collection:
• Norwegian Flake Sea Salt – 100% pure finishing salt from Norway
• Double Onion & Rosted Garlic – fresh, crisp Flake Sea Salt hand-harvested from the Norwegian Sea, infused with California Garlic and amazingly flavorful double onion blend. The most most popular flavor.
• “Almost Everything” Bagel Blend – the already perfect garlic and onion blend with some black and white sesame seeds tossed in. It’s called “Almost Everything” because the poppy and caraway seeds have been left out.
• Coffee Salt – made with Sandhill Dark Roast Coffee and triple smoke Norwegian Sea Salt.
• Thai Chili Lime Sea Salt – made with ginger, lemongrass, lime, turmeric, black pepper and Norwegian flake Sea Salt.
Low sodium options are available for Double Onion and Roasted Garlic and the Wanderlust Sea Salt Blend. The salts are packaged in refillable shaker containers and eco-friendly compostable refill pouches.
How Norwegian Flake Sea Salt made it to the USA…
When Amy Beyer and her husband Linn visited his family in Norway for part of their honeymoon, they picked up a pouch of Norwegian Sea Salt Flakes. They fell in love with the pure salt flavor and snowflake texture. Using it on everything from seafood, steaks, eggs, grilled asparagus and more, they searched the internet looking for options to buy more once they ran low. They were surprise they couldn’t find it anywhere, and couldn’t imagine their kitchen and future meals without it. The salt was only available on the manufacturer’s website and they weren’t set up to ship single orders to the USA.
Desperate to have more of this amazing salt in their life, Amy reached out to the Norwegian company and began importing it by the case to sell here in the USA.
After a year of sharing their products with their customers at Scandanavian events and street fairs, they began buying in bulk and created their own product line using the pure Nordic flake salt as the main ingredient. What started with an experiment of infusing and roasting garlic and lemon with the salt has launched an amazing adventure.
Salty Provisions by Wanderlust Sea Salt