That Rub is the product of husband-and-wife team of Tony and Abbey Cannon. They create and hand make seasoning blends and dry rubs for cooking meat, fish and veggies.
Shop and support That Rub at the Chicago Artisan Market in Fulton Market on Sunday, October 17, 2021 at Morgan MFG (401 N. Morgan St., Chicago). Discover top Chicago & Midwest artisans in food, fashion, home goods + art.
With That Rub dry blends and seasonings, you can take meals to the next level as you turn plain food into amazing food.
That Rub product offerings include:
• Original (sweet) – A delicious blend of 17 spices with a brown sugar base, the taste is sweet and will caramelize while cooking on high heat. low sodium content
• Master Blend (all-purpose) – A savory mix, with a balanced flavor of 17 spices, and only a hint of brown sugar, this blend is not spicy or sweet. low sodium content
• That HEAT (Spicy & Smoky) – A spicy blend that really brings that HEAT to your food. Made with four different types of peppers, it is smoky, hot, and flavorful. sugar free
• Keto Blend (low carb) – The recipe and taste is very similar to Master Blend, but made with Swerve natural sweetener as a sugar replacement. Swerve is made from ingredients found in select fruits and starchy root vegetables, and contains no artificial ingredients, preservatives, or flavors. low sodium content
• Caribbean Black (blackening mojo) – Caribbean Black is a blackening seasoning with hints of citrus and island flair. It has an ethnic taste, and blackens when cooked.
All the spices and rubs are gluten free and packaged in a peanut free facility.
About the Chef-inspired company:
Married since 2002, both Tony and Abbey Cannon are avid cooks. Tony created That Rub Original Blend about 12 years ago. He worked as a cook for over 15 years and attended culinary school. He has an amazing gift to create exquisite flavor combinations and spent years tweaking his Original Blend until it was perfect. Since then, they have created several more delicious blends, with more to come in the future.
That Rub is committed to their customers, and they embrace a circular economy, empowered by transparency, diversity, and inclusion. They are committed to giving back throughout the year to organizations that support these ideals.
More things to do in Chicago:
• StyleChicago.com’s 7th annual Cruise in Style aboard the Odyssey – Dinner Cruise
• Oak Brook Artisan Market – 2-Day Outdoor Market in Oak Brook, IL
• Chicago Artisan Market – Best of the Midwest in Fulton Market and Ravenswood