String Street Macrame from fiber artisan Susie James handcrafts macrame and weaving pieces, from wall hangings to accessories. Susie prides herself on the high quality pieces she makes and attention to detail that goes into all her work.
Shop & support String Street Macrame at the Chicago Artisan Market in Fulton Market on Sun, July 18, 2021 at Morgan MFG (401 N. Morgan St., Chicago). Discover top Chicago & Midwest artisans in food, fashion, home goods + art.
Some of String Street Macrame creations include:
• Pastel Rainbow Macrame Wall Hanging – Five color macrame wall hanging in pastel rainbow semi-circle, measuring approximately 15 inches tall by 14 inches wide. A lovely addition for a nursery, child’s room, bedroom or entry way. 100% cotton cord knots lead through this contemporary design piece mounted on a wood dowel with a lovely fringe giving it a bit of a boho vibe. Rainbow colors can be customized.
• Macrame Headband – 100% cotton cord or t-shirt yarn mounted on a plastic headband base offers a comfortable option for everyday use as well as on special occasions.
• Macrame Dream Catcher – A boho inspired work of art, this beautiful and generously sized macrame dream catcher is available in a variety of colors and is ready to hang. They are made on a 10 inch wooden hoop, knotted with 100% cotton cord and adorned with yarn, cotton cord, ribbon and wooden beads. Measuring approximately 11.5 inches wide and 30 inches long including the hanging cord, they are a standout piece by themselves or look stunning when displayed with other wall art.
• Macrame Clutch Bag – Made with 3MM 100% cotton braided cord, this bag is very lightweight yet sturdy. The clutch has a classic feel but with a bit of a vintage boho vibe and will be your go to bag for daily wear or dressing up when you need something special. The piece is lined using a lovely floral cotton and has a flexible frame that keeps your phone, IDs and other items secure. The added wrist strap can be removed. This clutch bag is 9.5 inches wide by 5.5 inches tall and can actually hold quite a bit given the flexible fabric.
About the artist:
Susie James, Chicago born and raised, is a married mother of two. After having spent far too many years in corporate America, she left her job in finance to explore options in self discovery and was reunited with macrame and weaving. Susie created macrame designs back in the late ’70s and early ’80s, and she’s having a great time dancing with the string again with refreshed materials, knots and updated designs.
String Street Macrame
More things to do in Chicago:
• StyleChicago.com’s 7th annual Cruise in Style aboard the Odyssey – Dinner Cruise
• Oak Brook Artisan Market – 2-Day Outdoor Market in Oak Brook, IL
• Chicago Artisan Market – Best of the Midwest in Fulton Market and Ravenswood