Steenhagen Studios, by husband and wife duo Ryan and Angela Steenhagen, produces steampunk inspired jewelry and accessories made with vintage mechanical watch movements and parts using resin and solder techniques.
We are excited to welcome Steenhagen Studios to the Oak Brook Artisan Market at Oakbrook Center on Sat & Sun, May 18-19, 2019. This 2-day outdoor market showcases the Midwest’s finest artisans in fashion, food, home goods + art.
The Steenhagen line includes:
• Cufflinks – always torch soldered, not glued or epoxy and made from vintage watch parts including Bulova, Longines, Movado, Hamilton, Elgin, Girrard-Perregaux, and Rolex
• Necklaces, Earrings, Bracelets – upcycled watch parts and pieces are integrated into one of a kind jewelry pieces
• Accessories – bottle openers, key chains, money clips, purse hooks, compacts, letter openers
• Custom Orders – Steenhagen specializes in creating personalized items made with family heirloom watches or creating new pieces with
special dates and events set in time
Their work is designed to appeal to a wide range of people, and everything is made by hand in their Delafield, Wisconsin studio.
It started with cufflinks:
Steenhagen Studios was established in 2011 when Ryan took his love for watches to the extreme and decided to turn some of his collection of vintage watch movements into a matching set of cufflinks. Some of the watch parts are over 100 years old! In order to make a pair of matching cufflinks by brand and model number, a decent sized collection is needed to find matching movement parts. His collections of watch movements and parts multiplied, and is still growing to this day.
Ryan’s wife Angela was later introduced to the company to assist in the creativity process. Angela uses all the unmatched watch movements, watch faces and watch parts to create one of a kind jewelry pieces. Today, Steenhagen Studios offers a wide range of jewelry and accessories made from vintage watch movements and authentic watch faces and parts for both men and women.
* Chicago Artisan Market – 100+ Artisans in Food, Fashion, Home Goods + Art
* Oak Brook Artisan Market – 2-Day Outdoor Market at Oakbrook Center
* StyleChicago.com’s 6th annual Cruise in Style aboard the Odyssey