In the heart of downtown Chicago in Maggie Daley Park, with the City’s skyline as a backdrop, the Skating Ribbon winds through a rolling landscape providing an ice skating experience unlike any other.
Start Date: Friday, November 16, 2018
End Date: Sunday, March 10, 2019
Time: varies by date
Location: Maggie Daley Park – 337 E. Randolph St.. Chicago, IL 60601
Bring your own skates or skate rental is $12 on Monday-Thursday and $14 on Friday-Sunday and holidays.
• Skate sizes available are child’s size 8 through men’s size 13
• Figure and hockey skates available
• Locker space is limited and unattended bags will be removed
• Skate sharpening is NOT available onsite
• Accessibility: A skate assist sled is available for use by skaters with physical disabilities and their companion skater
Visit the website to view a complete schedule and ribbon hours.
The skating ribbon is dramatically different from typical civic ice rinks, creating a multisensory activity that is integrated into the landscape. Skaters can experience “alpine in the city” as they lace up their ice skates and follow a path twice the length of a lap around a traditional skating rink. Complementing the ribbon are places to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate and rent skates.
Maggie Daley Park is located just east of Millennium Park with ice skating at the Bean.
StyleChicago.com recommends booking convenient & affordable parking in advance through SpotHero, the nation’s leading parking reservation app & website.