Present Tense Bar by mixologist, Derek Mercer, sells ready-to-drink, bottled cocktails. Present Tense is a ghost bar on demand, delivering craft cocktails and bar snacks to the thirsty people of Chicago.
Shop & support Present Tense Bar at the Chicago Artisan Market in Fulton Market on Sun, July 18, 2021 at Morgan MFG (401 N. Morgan St., Chicago). Discover top Chicago & Midwest artisans in food, fashion, home goods + art. All vendors and shoppers will be required to follow current CDC and local COVID-19 guidelines for retail uses.
What is a “ghost kitchen” or a “ghost bar”? A ghost kitchen typically features a few different foods or brands being made in one location, available for pick up or delivery.
We’ve all gotten used to the idea of the world coming to us. A trip to the store doesn’t require a trip at all anymore. A meal from one of your favorite Chicago restaurants or pub can happen anywhere a delivery driver can find. So why does a night out at the bar have to mean a night out at all?
Present Tense Bar brings the bar to you, whether you’re cozying up for a night in, heading to your buddy’s place to watch the game, or staying socially distant in your hotel room. More than just a courier service, Present Tense is a legit bar from the minds that brought you Blackbird’s award-winning cocktail program. They’ve curated a short menu of cocktails-by-the-wine-bottle and snack pairings to give you a world-class bar experience wherever you happen to be for the night.
Drinks options include:
• Chicago Tea – Bottled-in-Bond Brandy, Demerara, Orange, Lemon, Angostura
• CR-7 Manhattan – Rye, East India Sherry, Rose Vermouth
• Boom Boom Punch – Jamaican Rum, White Rum, Overproof Rum, Lemon
• Tailgate Margarita – Tequila, Orange, Cinnamon, Lemon
• Coin Toss – Mezcal, Tequila, Yellow Chartreuse, Sweet Vermouth, Benedictine
• London Calling – Gin, Fino Sherry, Lemon
Ready to drink and delivered fully chilled. Just shake the bottle and pour. Each bottle contains 6 reasonable cocktails or one unreasonably good time. Stable in the refrigerator for over a week. The bottles are fully sealed and tamper proof. They are available in 8 oz, 25.3 oz (wine bottle size of 750ml), and 33.8 oz bottles (1 Liter).
Handmade dips and salty bar snacks:
• Pimento Cheese Spread – Cheddar cheese, house-fermented peppers, Duke’s mayo, Ritz
• Super Onion Dip – All kinds of onions, sour cream, bag of chips
• Snacker Crackers – Ranch dressing seasoned oyster crackers
• Hummus – Chickpea hummus with veggies
• Popcorn – Buttered with malted cinnamon
About the Artisan:
Because of COVID-19, thousands of restaurants closed their doors forever in 2020, included Blackbird, a Michelin-starred restaurant where David managed the bar. Derek started Present Tense as an outlet to be able to continue to share his talents, passions and love for bars and restaurants. “Present Tense” is the title of a Pearl Jam song about living in the now, here on New Earth. It’s about letting go of the past, Old Earth, and moving forward … a perfect summation of all that was 2020 and reinventing oneself to move forward.
Present Tense Bar