Prairie Organic Spirits:
Minnesota-based Prairie Organic Spirits is committed to producing the most natural spirits possible for a smooth-finishing taste. This farm-based producer is leading its own seed to glass movement to rave reviews.
Prairie certified-organic spirits include:
- Vodka – A creamy smooth finish accompanied by notes of melon and pear
- Cucumber-Flavored Vodka – A refreshing undertone of cucumber for a crisp finish.
- Gin – A delicate finish accompanied by light and refreshing hints of juniper
How it’s made:
Prairie Organic Spirits prides themselves on creating a natural ecosystem in their crop fields without any herbicides, pesticides, or other chemicals. It all starts with the vintage organic corn distilled to taste from family-owned farms in Minnesota.
The three family farmers on the Minnesota prairie own and farm their land to cultivate nutrient-rich soil and organic corn that will become Prairie organic spirits. John Sather and his family still farm the same prairie land their great-grandfather first broke by hand with a horse and plow. Marvin Boike, his son Big Man and his son-in-law Little Man are often found knee-deep in the soil of their 600-acre farm, pulling weeds by hand like farmers did in the old days. Jonathan and Carolyn Olson of Olson Organic Farms work side by side on their family farm, often working through the night during harvest season.
The corn is then brought the the farmer-owned distillery before traveling to Princeton where the product is bottled. Prairie uses all-natural products, a strong attention to detail and family farms and traditions are what make the flawless refreshments that are known as Prairie Organic Spirits.
Prairie Organic Spirits Recipes
- 1.5 oz Prairie Organic Gin
- 0.5 oz Carpano Bianco Vermouth
- 0.25 oz Rothman & Winter Orchard Apricot Liqueur
- 0.25 oz Briottet Creme De Cassis
- 2 dashes Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- 2 dashes Regans’ #6 Orange Bitters
- Served in a coupe
- 1.5 oz Prairie Organic Vodka
- 0.5 oz Combier Mure Liqueur
- 0.5 oz green tea simple syrup
- 0.75 oz fresh lemon juice
- Top Cuvee Jean-Louis Charles De Fère Blanc De Blancs
- Served in a flute
- 2 oz Prairie Cucumber Organic Vodka
- 0.25 oz Salers Aperitif Gentiane Liqueur
- 0.75 oz fresh honeydew juice
- 0.75 oz fresh lime juice
- 0.5 oz honey syrup
- Served in a coupe
For more recipes and information about Prairie Organic Spirits, please visit Prairie Organic Spirits online