Founded and owned by Rebecca Guenther, OuroHermetica carries a plethora of bath, body and home fragrance products, handmade in Chicago and based on magical herbalism. Each fragrance blend is unique to OuroHermetica as a mix of essential oils and fragrance oils to boost the aromatherapy benefits.
Shop & support OuroHermetica at the Chicago Artisan Market in Fulton Market on Sun, July 18, 2021 at Morgan MFG (401 N. Morgan St., Chicago). Discover top Chicago & Midwest artisans in food, fashion, home goods + art. All vendors and shoppers will be required to follow CDC and local COVID-19 guidelines for retail at time of market.
At OuroHermetica, truly cleansing yourself goes much deeper than the skin. Their products have been made with only the most skin-loving-est ingredients, and they have taken great care to ensure that each scent combination promotes a deeper cleansing – one of the inner spirit as well as the space around you. Through combining the ritual of bathing with aromatherapy, THEY believe that your daily personal time can leave you feeling fully refreshed from the inside out.
The OuroHermetica product line includes shower melts, bath bombs, scrubs and soaks, candles, room sprays and fragrance oils, and skin creams.
OuroHermetica’s collection includes:
• Isis – products featuring a blend of white tea, oak moss, lavender and amber, with light hints of jasmine
• Anubis – uses oils from ancient Egyptian rituals that are great for healing dry skin
• Aphrodite – a blend of sweet tea rose and fresh orange with the intent to cleanse and bring joy
• Shu – this collection features products with lavender and white sage, that help soothe anxiety and bring relaxing sleep
• Thoth – a dry, woody blend featuring notes of vetiver, cedare and smokey sandalwood; this collection is great for bringing focus to working or studying
• Osiris – products that have notes of patchouli, hemp, and cypress that feel fresh and bright
Each fragrance blend is created with intention to manifest certain energies or aid the customer with their troubles. Rebecca researches the medicinal and aroma-therapeutic properties of each scent, and then picks the “main note” of the blend. Each supporting notes of fragrance are chosen to add structure to the scent, as well as helpful properties from the ingredients.
For years, Rebecca has created handmade personal gifts for family and friends, many of whom encouraged her to make them widely available for sale. After working through different careers, she found herself drawn back to her passions of handmaking products and aromatherapy, and then created OuroHermetica.