Leto Foods makes ready-to-blend smoothie pouches that were designed with pregnancy in mind. The pouches are fresh-frozen and have all of the ingredients needed to make a smoothie – just add liquid and blend!
Shop & support Leto Foods at the Chicago Artisan Market in Fulton Market on Sun, July 18, 2021 at Morgan MFG (401 N. Morgan St., Chicago). Discover top Chicago & Midwest artisans in food, fashion, home goods + art.
Leto Foods spent a little over two years working with an award-winning Registered Dietician Nutritionist who specializes in women’s health to create six ready-to-blend smoothies.
Current flavor offerings include:
• Greens – This refreshing pick-me-up comes with a boost of ginger and lemon juice to help tolerate nutritional powerhouses like kale, spinach, and avocado.
• Ginger – Battling morning sickness? This creamy blend is easy to tolerate for anyone feeling nauseous, and packs in a host of minerals to help restore electrolytes. It even contains oats and ginger – two ingredients that may help support milk production during lactation.
• Peach – They designed this smoothie to be blander for those experiencing strong aversions during pregnancy. This calming blend with peaches and carrots is made with low acidity foods to make it easier to tolerate.
• Berry – This creamy smoothie is loaded with refreshing berry flavors. The mix of ingredients may help support your energy, with a host of ingredients that may help your baby’s development.
• Peanut Butter – This smoothie was designed to satisfy your sweet tooth, but with no added sugars. The carob/peanut butter flavor is robust, with a mix of ingredients that provide a natural, caffeine-free source of energy.
• Decaf – Is coffee part of your ritual? Swiss Water Process decaf coffee is mixed with other nutrient-filled ingredients to create a creamy, latte-like blend.
Leto Foods sources ingredients that are non-GMO, dairy-free, gluten-free, with no added sugar, and tuck them into BPA-free pouches.
Ingredients chosen for pregnancy needs.
• Focus on benefit-packed whole fruits and vegetables.
• Mix of protein, fiber, and healthy fat to keep you feeling satisfied.
• Avoided ingredients if research caused question during pregnancy.
Nutrients that pregnant women often lack.
• 100mg of supplemental choline to help you meet the recommended daily dose of 450 mg/day.
• Ingredients with iron, plus ingredients with vitamin C to help absorption. Why? Some experience iron deficiency anemia during pregnancy.
Sourcing with your health in mind.
• Almost all produce is frozen at the source to maintain maximum nutrients.
• They opt for organic whenever possible.
• Ingredients are sourced that are non-GMO, dairy-free, gluten-free, and have no added sugar.
About the Artisans:
Leto Foods was started after a ski trip with two pregnant friends. They left the weekend asking why it wasn’t easier to eat natural, clean foods during pregnancy, with no ingredient-second guessing necessary. While each Lēto pouch was crafted with pregnancy in mind, they are a great nutritional boost for anyone – and loved by many toddlers and spouses!
Lake Bluff, IL
More things to do in Chicago:
• StyleChicago.com’s 7th annual Cruise in Style aboard the Odyssey – Dinner Cruise
• Oak Brook Artisan Market – 2-Day Outdoor Market in Oak Brook, IL
• Chicago Artisan Market – Best of the Midwest in Fulton Market and Ravenswood