Lee’s Grain-Free, a woman-owned business from Lauren Savary, brings convenience, affordability, and accessibility to specialty baking with their first-ever paleo baking mixkits.
Shop & support Lee’s Grain-Free at the Chicago Artisan Market in Fulton Market on Sun, July 18, 2021 at Morgan MFG (401 N. Morgan St., Chicago). Discover top Chicago & Midwest artisans in food, fashion, home goods + art.
The products are shelf stable paleo baking mixkits, which are kits that contain a dry mix, liquid mix, topping, and parchment paper. The idea is to make wholesome, paleo baking more accessible, cost-effective, and convenient for the consumer.
Experience the delight of making something delicious and nourishing whenever and wherever you want … all you need to have on hand is water.
What is “grain-free”?
Grain-free means without wheat flour, cornmeal, oats, or other common grains. Instead, our products are based off of nut and root flours such as coconut, almond, tapioca, and cassava.
• Mocha – These cakey cookies are made with coconut flour, sunflower seed butter, and boast dark chocolate and coffee aromas.
• Tahini Chip – A grain-free, nut-free alternative to your classic chocolate chip cookie. These doughy treats get their delicate warmth from cinnamon and tahini.
• Orange Ginger – The perfect combination of spicy & sweet, these coconut-flour based cookies get their warmth from cinnamon and citrus, and their kick from ground ginger.
About the Founder:
Lauren Savary loves food (especially sweets), and she has come to cherish what bodies can do if we feed them the right foods. It is her core belief that nutrition can influence everything about us, from our physical state to our emotional state. The quest to find clean, nutritious foods has been a deeply personal journey that began in earnest in 2014 when Lauren was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, a chronic illness. This drove her to study and experiment with grain-free and paleo diets. There is so much that can be with simple ingredients, and Lauren founded Lee’s Grain-Free to share that experience with all of you.
More things to do in Chicago:
• StyleChicago.com’s 7th annual Cruise in Style aboard the Odyssey – Dinner Cruise
• Oak Brook Artisan Market – 2-Day Outdoor Market in Oak Brook, IL
• Chicago Artisan Market – Best of the Midwest in Fulton Market and Ravenswood