Killka Wines is an Argentinean wine produced at the winery of Bodegas Salentein, located
at the foot of the Andes Mountains nearly 4,000 feet above sea level.
Embraced by the sun and mountain winds, the winery is surrounded by the striking Andean landscape.
Serving as both a winery and an architecturally significant cultural center, Killka showcases exclusive collections of contemporary Argentine art and of 19th and 20th-Century Dutch artists, making it a place where art and winemaking converge.
Below are the Killka wines featured at StyleChicago.com’s South Beach Style ’15 event on March 19, 2015:
- Grape Varieties: 100% Malbec
- Color: Ruby red with tints of violet
- Aroma: Rich in fruit, reminiscient of black cherries, dark fruit and flowers
- Taste: Blend of blackberries, plums and violets with balanced structure, soft tannins, ripe black fruit and a velvety finish
- Grape Varieties: 100% Torrontes
- Color: Pale gold
- Aroma: Delicate aromas of orange peel and jasmine
- Taste: Floral notes accented by jasmine, lychee and orange peel, with soft, fragrant tropical fruit undertones.
Chief Winemaker: Jose Galante is Killka’s distinguised Chief Winemaker and considered the “Father of Argentine Malbec.” Galante works closely with consultant and legendary winemaker Paul Hobbs to craft expressive wines with a precise balance of flavors.
Bodegas Salentein is a leader in Argentine wine, having pioneered the Uco Valley, the leading premium winemaking region in Mendoza. Lead by legendary winemaker Jose Galante, Salentein produces a complete portfolio of wines: Salentein, Killka, Portillo, and Callia. Salentein?s lasting commitment to the people of Argentina combines investments, employment opportunities, and training with lessons of hope.
Bodegas Salentein now farms 5,000 acres in the Uco Valley, 700 of which are planted with vineyards distributed in three estates: El Oasis, La Pampa and San Pablo, which range between 3500 and more than 5500 feet above sea level. All of this lies in a glorious valley some 65 miles from Mendoza.
More more information visit online. To visit the winery or Killka restaurant, send an email to email@example.com.
Killka Wines: Bodegas Salentein in Argentina
Ruta 89 S/N, Km 14
Bodegas Salentein, Mendoza, Argentina