Identity Narrative offers ultra high quality, naturally derived, gender neutral fragrance options that can be used on one’s person, as well as in the home. They embody a modern approach to fine fragrance: cleaner, greener, gender and genre busting.
We are excited to welcome Identity Narrative to the Chicago Artisan Market on Sunday, March 8, 2020 at Morgan MFG (401 N. Morgan St., Chicago). Discover 100+ top Chicago & Midwest artisans in food, fashion, home goods + art.
Responsible sourcing and embracing fragrance’s ability to creatively express oneself are fundamentals of the line. To wear scents that reflect your inner being and your true self each and every beautiful day – this is Scent as Art. Identity Narrative’s evolved approach to artisanal perfumery has resulted in seven exceptional scents for person and home.
The seven scents are:
• Nomadic º7 – hints of lemon and bergamot with bourbon vanilla and Madagascan incense / Warm – Adventurous – Zen
• Surrealism º11 – crisp citrus aroma with layering strokes of tea leaf and orange blossoms / Artistic – Brilliant – Fresh
• Composition º9 – a blend of patchouli, bergamot, and labdanum with a side of sweet vanilla and white musk / Energetic – Witty – Unbounded
• Exposure º2 – smoky, sweet gourmand, leading lines of cinnamon and clove / Expressive – Transformative -/ Connoisseur
• Fetishized º3 – bergamot and bitter orange with subtle notes of orange flower and ending notes of amber and vetiver leaves / Worldly – Jet-Setter – Irresistible
• Curation º8 – a coupling of sweet vanilla, citrus, and coriander paired with vetiver, oak moss, and amber / Intriguing – Self-Assured – Upbeat
• New Minimalism º32 – Italian Bergamot and Spanish Mandarin tempered by rose and jasmine, amber, patchouli, and white musk / Brazen – Cheeky – Unapologetic
Each scent is cruelty free, vegan and they never harmful fillers like phthalates or parabens. The scents are made in Chicago.
At Identity Narrative, they are intent on using naturally-derived materials to create their scents and fine perfume products. Each of the scents meets the highest of quality standards for perfume, achieving “pure perfume” status. The Identity Narrative scent crafters take care to preserve the natural beauty of each scent, while also injecting some of their own creativity and artistic practice into every product.
Scent is a powerful artistic medium for self-expression. Understanding scent’s strong connection to memory, Identity Narrative believes it is a reflection of, “Where we are, where we have been, and where we want to go.”
Founded by two women entrepreneurs with a love of fragrance and ambition transcended their originating professions in law and community development. Globally minded, their approach to fragrance is unique – not bound by gender identity, prescribed fragrance combinations or geography.