The McCormick Tribune Ice Skating Rink in Millennium Park is open throughout the winter season (weather permitting). The rink will open to the public at noon and remain open through most of winter.
Start Date: Friday, November 15, 2019
End Date: Sunday, March 8, 2020
Time: varies by date
Location: Millennium Park – 201 E. Randolph St., Chicago, IL 60601
The ice skating rink is located directly in front of the Park Grill restaurant immediately east of Michigan Avenue.
With its twinkling tree lights and stunning skyline backdrop, the iconic ice skating rink in Millennium Park is a must-stop each winter season. The rink is open to everyone of all ages and abilities.
Bring your own skates or skate rental is $13 on Monday-Thursday and $15 on Friday-Sunday and holidays.
• Skate sizes available: Toddler 8 – Adult 13 (first come, first serve)
• Lockers are available to rent for $1 (four quarters)
• Skate sharpening is available for $9
• Hot chocolate and snacks are available at the Park Grill Cafe
• Free ice skating lessons
(Free lessons will be offered during Chicago Public School’s Winter Break, December 23 – January 3, one hour before the rink opens, except for December 25 and January 1. All ages and skill levels are welcome.)
Visit the website to view a complete schedule and skating hours.
Ice Rink DJ Nights
DJs spin the music while skaters spin on the ice on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays, 6-8pm (December 6 & 20, January 3 & 17, February 7 & 21, March 6). Admission is free. Skate rental rates apply.
Be sure to check out the Skating Ribbon at Maggie Daley Park, just east of Millennium Park.
More fun things to do in Chicago
* StyleChicago.com’s Holiday Edition of the Chicago Artisan Market on Sun Dec 1st
* A Christmas Carol at the Goodman Theatre
* The Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker
* Winter Wonderfest at Navy Pier
StyleChicago.com recommends booking convenient & affordable parking in advance through SpotHero, the nation’s leading parking reservation app & website.