Small-batch crafted and bespoke leather goods from Amanda of Hive and Hide are created to last a lifetime. Ranging from keychains and valet trays (also called “catch alls”) to wallets and notebook covers, their handmade items are just as distinguished as their owners.
We are so excited to welcome Hive and Hide to the Chicago Artisan Market on Saturday and Sunday, March 6-7, 2021 at Morgan MFG (401 N. Morgan St., Chicago). Discover top Chicago & Midwest artisans in food, fashion, home goods + art.
Amanda designs and makes all the Hive and Hide leather goods by hand. She starts with self-made patterns and hand selects and cuts all the leather components. She then sews each piece using the traditional saddle stitch method. Occasionally, Amanda will hand paint and dye the leather for a truly unique Hive and Hide creation.
The collection includes:
• Wallets – available in a variety of styles with money clips and multiple panels and pockets
• Keychains and fobs – many choices of hardware colors
• Valet trays – full size and a smaller version, both in multiple color choices
• Belts – hand-burnished with your choice of buckle material
• Custom creations – offering embossed names or initials for custom pieces
Amanda is always creating new, functional pieces to add to the collection. Past offerings have included watch bands, change purses, bottle openers, coasters and many other items for personal use and your home.
The start of Hive and Hide:
In mid-2018, Amanda knew she needed to do something more with her time … something that would last. Believing that fashion should be slow and sustainable, and knowing leather will stand the test of time, Hive and Hide was born. Amanda’s goal is to create leather goods that are a part of your personal aesthetic.
Hive and Hide