Gindo’s Spice of Life is a line of award-winning, handcrafted hot sauces made from blends of locally grown peppers, sea salts and peppercorns from Mary and Chris “Gindo” Ginder. Based in Chicago’s west suburbs, they are committed to changing the way people enjoy hot sauce by offering complex flavors and rich spices that will take any ordinary dish and turn it into something truly special.
Gindo’s make three year-round sauces which are balanced, versatile and perfect for everyday use. To keep things spicy, they also handcraft over 100 small batch pepper sauces, which are released in limited quantities on a weekly basis throughout the year.
The Gindo’s year-round sauces are:
• Gindo’s Original Fresh and Spicy – The Original is a 7-time award-winning artisanal hot sauce composed of fresh sweet red bell and habanero peppers, as well as Himalayan, Black Lava and Alaea sea salts.
• Jalapeno Poblano – Vibrant and zesty with a mild spicy finish, made with fresh jalapeno and poblano peppers, as well as a blend of carefully curated sea salts and peppercorns.
• Honey Habanero – Lusciously sweet with a fiery finish, this golden sauce is composed of sweet yellow bell, habanero peppers and sea salts.
Sample & shop with Mary & Chris of Gindo’s Spice of Life at the Oak Brook Artisan Market at Oakbrook Center on Sat & Sun, May 18-19, 2019. This 2-day outdoor market showcases the Midwest’s finest artisans in fashion, food, home goods + art.
Choose your favorite sauce, or a blend of two or three sauces, and use it in recipes while cooking, add to a finished plate that needs a little extra kick or infuse your cocktails with spicy goodness.
Hot sauce doesn’t have to be an afterthought or simply a condiment that you drip on your food to mask a mediocre dish or burn your senses useless. Gindo’s sauces are designed to help inspire creativity in the kitchen and enhance food by adding flavor, aroma, color, texture and even nutrients.
As the small batch sauces have become so popular, Gindo’s now offers a Hot Sauce of the Month club available on our website.
About Mary & Chris Ginder:
As a husband and wife team working side by side, Mary and Chris aspire for the spicy life: one that’s filled with laughter and passion, organically integrated with family, work, travel and creative inspiration, and almost always centered around good food. When they started the company back in 2011, they simply wanted to make delicious pepper sauces with whole fresh peppers, sea salts and peppercorns—the spices of life. Mary and Chris love the idea of being a part of your kitchen life, of having a little piece of us in every kitchen helping to inspire food and conversation.
Gindo’s Spice of Life
* Chicago Artisan Market – 100+ Artisans in Food, Fashion, Home Goods + Art
* Oak Brook Artisan Market – 2-Day Outdoor Market at Oakbrook Center
* StyleChicago.com’s 6th annual Cruise in Style (Dinner Cruise) aboard the Odyssey