Gindo’s Spice of Life creates fresh pepper hot sauces designed to inspire creativity in the kitchen and support local farmers. Each sauce is handcrafted with fresh whole peppers and carefully curated sea salts and spices.
We are excited to welcome Gindo’s back to the Chicago Artisan Market on Sunday, December 1, 2019 from 10am-4pm at Morgan MFG (401 N. Morgan St.), where they will join 110+ top artisans in food, fashion, home goods + art.
Based in Chicago’s west suburbs, Chris Gindo, the creative mastermind behind Gindo’s Hot Sauces, approaches each sauce like a chef to a dish. He finds inspiration everywhere – ingredients that are in season at a farmers market, a meal he had at a restaurant, an idea he had with his business partner and wife, the changing of the seasons, or a famous style of sauce he heard about from another place in the world. His ideas are endless.
The Gindo’s year-round sauces are:
• Gindo’s Original Fresh and Spicy – The Original is a 7-time award-winning artisanal hot sauce composed of fresh sweet red bell and habanero peppers, as well as Himalayan, Black Lava and Alaea sea salts.
• Jalapeno Poblano – Vibrant and zesty with a mild spicy finish, made with fresh jalapeno and poblano peppers, as well as a blend of carefully curated sea salts and peppercorns.
• Honey Habanero – Lusciously sweet with a fiery finish, this golden sauce is composed of sweet yellow bell, habanero peppers and sea salts.
In addition to the three year round sauces, Gindo’s makes a rotating selection of limited-release sauces every week of the year.
Each sauce is unique, richly complex yet well-balanced, and intended to enhance food by adding flavor, aroma, color, texture, and even nutrients. Chris likes to take people on a guided tasting tour, teaching about the peppers and flavors in each bottle, and sharing stories of food and inspiration. Gindo’s ultimate mission is to inspire people in the kitchen and beyond, creating experiences and memories!
As the small batch sauces have become so popular, Gindo’s now offers a Hot Sauce of the Month club available on our website.
About Mary & Chris Ginder:
As a husband and wife team working side by side, Mary and Chris aspire for the spicy life: one that’s filled with laughter and passion, organically integrated with family, work, travel and creative inspiration, and almost always centered around good food. When they started the company back in 2011, they simply wanted to make delicious pepper sauces with whole fresh peppers, sea salts and peppercorns—the spices of life. Mary and Chris love the idea of being a part of your kitchen life, of having a little piece of us in every kitchen helping to inspire food and conversation.
Gindo’s Spice of Life
* Chicago Artisan Market – 100+ Artisans in Food, Fashion, Home Goods + Art
* Oak Brook Artisan Market – 2-Day Outdoor Market at Oakbrook Center
* StyleChicago.com’s 6th annual Cruise in Style (Dinner Cruise) aboard the Odyssey