Gifted Breads bakes and sells delicious gluten-free baked breads. The bakery was started by Chicago-based Tathy Vosgerau after she was diagnosed with Celiac disease and noticed that she really disliked the bland gluten-free alternatives. With Gifted Breads you don’t have to settle – you can ALWAYS have the perfect-tasting bread.
Shop & support Gifted Breads at the Chicago Artisan Market in Fulton Market on Sun, July 18, 2021 at Morgan MFG (401 N. Morgan St., Chicago). Discover top Chicago & Midwest artisans in food, fashion, home goods + art.
Gifted Breads products include:
• Baguette – gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and nut-free 6’’ baguette without artificial preservatives. Perfect for: appetizers, sandwiches, bruschetta, sides to soups/salads, croutons.
• Burger Bun – gluten-free, soy-free and nut-free 3.5’’ soft bun without artificial preservatives. Perfect for: hamburgers and sandwiches best served with a soft crust.
• French Dinner Roll – gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and nut-free without artificial preservatives. Perfect for: appetizers, sandwiches, bruschetta, sides to soups/salads, croutons.
Gifted Breads prides itself on being a woman and minority owned business based in Chicago which is certified gluten-free and Kosher. They believe that just because it’s gluten free it doesn’t need to be full of artificial ingredients, sugar or ingredients that can’t be pronounced. Gifted Breads uses natural ingredients, whole grain and non-GMO flours. They do not use artificial preservatives and chemicals that are often used to hide the “gluten free” taste, but they obtain their delicious taste and texture by mixing several types of non-GMO flours.
A few ingredients used include:
• Brown Rice Flour – this flour is high in protein and fiber, which can help lower blood sugar levels and reduce body weight, and is also a great source of iron, B vitamins, manganese (helps the development of bones and cartilage) and selenium (has been shown to substantially reduce the risk of colon cancer.)
• Sorghum Flour – an ancient cereal grain that is naturally gluten free, this grain is rich in fiber (great for digestive function) and protein (helps in slow sugar absorption), mineral iron and antioxidants.
• White Rice Flour – made from ground white rice and a great source of fiber, protein and is low in fat.
About the Artisan:
After being diagnosed with Celiac disease in 2009, and moving to London shortly thereafter, Tathy Vosgerau began taking classes to learn how to bake delicious gluten-free bread. Soon, the perfect baguette recipe was developed with the flavor and texture on point – crunchy on the outside and moist in the inside. When members of Tathyane’s family (who were not even gluten free!) tried and loved the bread, it was obvious that it needed to be shared with the world … and Gifted Breads was started.
More things to do in Chicago:
• StyleChicago.com’s 7th annual Cruise in Style aboard the Odyssey – Dinner Cruise
• Oak Brook Artisan Market – 2-Day Outdoor Market in Oak Brook, IL
• Chicago Artisan Market – Best of the Midwest in Fulton Market and Ravenswood