Chicago-based etchible is a female-owned and operated small business that makes stylish acrylic and birch ply dry erase boards. Hatched during COVID-19 by two cousins sheltering at home, etchible succeeds by reinventing the whiteboard for home use and task-oriented planning. Neutral tones and sleek designs allow you to place etchible products almost anywhere. (Say goodbye to toilet-bowl bright white boards with unsightly silver/bottom ledges for holding erasers.)
They cut and etch each piece of wood with their laser cutter and hand assemble all of the etchible products. They design all their products and produce them in their home studios located in studios in Bucktown and Des Plaines.
Shop & support etchible at the Chicago Artisan Market in Fulton Market on Sun, July 18, 2021 at Morgan MFG (401 N. Morgan St., Chicago). Discover top Chicago & Midwest artisans in food, fashion, home goods + art.
etchible’s expanding portfolio of products include:
• Calendars – stay organized and plan ahead with weekly and monthly write-in calendars
• Sketchpads – sketch out the idea in your head, take notes during a meeting, or write down your to-do list with the sketchpads, available plain or with a grid
• Precision Eraser – one side cleans the boards, and is beautifully designed to erase with precision, while the other side is etched with a ruler to assist with sketching straight, even lines
• Habit Tracker – COMING TO THE CHICAGO ARTISAN MARKET – a fun and earth-friendly way to hold yourself accountable and self-motivate
etchible products are created with design and function in mind. Made with premium baltic birch ply and durable acrylic, these dry erase boards are beautiful and intended for everyday use. Although they maximize the creative use of laser technology, they don’t lose the essence of a handmade product.
The easy-care dry erase boards can be wiped clean with a micro fiber cloth. Because the wood used is unfinished premium birch ply, each piece is unique. The wood grain and coloring will differ piece by piece, making each product truly one-of-a-kind.
etchible products can be personalized by adding logos or monograms, and creating custom sizes and designs. Calendars and sketchpads come in two standard sizes. (approximately 8.5 x 11 inches and 4 x 8.5 inches)
Work From Home Inspiration:
etchible started in 2020 when two Chicago area cousins suddenly found themselves working from home. In an effort to elevate their home offices, etchible was born; a female-owned and operated brand working to bring beautiful and functional products to life.
More things to do in Chicago:
• StyleChicago.com’s 7th annual Cruise in Style aboard the Odyssey – Dinner Cruise
• Oak Brook Artisan Market – 2-Day Outdoor Market in Oak Brook, IL
• Chicago Artisan Market – Best of the Midwest in Fulton Market and Ravenswood