DIY Classes with Leelee’s Garden at the Chicago Artisan Market – Sunday, March 8, 2020
Join Chicago-based botanical and floral designer Leelee’s Garden for hands-on DIY classes at the Chicago Artisan Market on Sunday, March 8, 2020 at Morgan MFG (401 N. Morgan St., Chicago).
When you book a DIY class, you also get complimentary General Admission to the Chicago Artisan Market, a curated indoor market featuring 100+ of the Midwest’s finest artisans in food, fashion, home goods + art.Sign up for Classes
Spring Floral Design 101
10:05 AM – 11:30 AM
12 noon – 1:30 PM
Create a beautiful spring floral bouquet to take home while learning expert tips on the basics of floral design. No previous experience is necessary.
What you’ll learn:
* In this hands-on DIY workshop, you’ll learn the basics of spring floral design with natural materials.
* You’ll have your choice of a a variety of greens and flowers to play with.
* The instructor will show you expert techniques and work with you one-on-one to ensure you take home a stunning bouquet that you love.
All materials and step-by-step instruactions are included as part of your class fee.Sign up for Classes
Your $55 class fee includes complimentary General Admission to the Chicago Artisan Market from 10am-4pm on Sunday, March 8, 2020. Sign up here.
Create A Vertical Garden
2:00 PM – 2:45 PM
In this 45-minute workshop, you’ll learn how to care for air plants (they need a little more love than air alone!) Get step-by-step guidance to create a vertical air plant garden to take home. Mounted on cork, this DIY vertical garden is eye-catching and will turn any wall into your own tropical paradise.
Materials are included. No prior experience is necessary.
1-2 plants, moss, cork bark and hardware
You will have the option to create a living vertical garden by adding air plants, or you can chose preserved materials if you don’t want to maintain a garden.
Leelee’s Garden will provide all materials, instruction and one-on-one help throughout the workshop.Sign up for Classes
Your $49 class fee for “Create a Vertical Garden” includes complimentary General Admission to the Chicago Artisan Market from 10am-4pm on Sunday, March 8, 2020. Sign up here.
The Art of Orchids
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Create your own Orchid Kokedama Planter with expert help from Leelee’s Garden. No previous experience is necessary.
What you’ll learn:
* In this hands-on DIY workshop, you’ll learn the ins-and-outs of orchid care from master gardener and floral designer, Leelee’s Garden.
* Kokedama is a “moss ball” planting style that originates from Japan.
* In this class, you’ll learn how to wrap your orchid’s roots to create a spherical moss planter that you can take home and suspend in the air or display in a dish.
* You’ll have your choice of a metal or grapevine bases, a variety of greens, and natural decor to play with.
Kokedama is a great planting technique for new and seasoned gardeners alike, especially for indoor urban gardens.
Materials: all materials and step-by-step instructions are included, including 1 orchid plant per student.Sign up for Classes
Your $45 class fee for “The Art of Orchids” includes complimentary General Admission to the Chicago Artisan Market from 10am-4pm on Sunday, March 8, 2020. Sign up here.
About Leann, owner of Leelee’s Garden:
Leann Dameron, owner and floral/botanical designer of Leelee’s Garden, teaches hands-on craft workshops for both public events and crafty private parties, event floral design and botanical installations. She interned as a Master Gardener at the Chicago Botanic Garden which affirmed her belief that plants and flowers have the power to transform. Leann aspires to inspire you to create your paradise and to craft your own version of a botanical life.