Corspice is a veteran-owned and operated company that creates and bottles spice blends that are non-GMO, contain no MSG or gluten, and are keto-friendly.
Shop & support Corspice at the Oak Brook Artisan Market at The Drake Hotel – Oak Brook on Sat & Sun, May 22-23, 2021. This 2-day outdoor market showcases the Midwest’s finest artisans in fashion, food, home goods + art. (mask required in market area)
Some of their best-selling spices include:
• A-3: This 3D seasoning has an addictive complexity that will have you using it on everything from Avocado to Zuppa Di Pesce and anything in between.
• Son of a Fish: This spice is the mullet of flavors – business in the front, party in the back. Fantastic on fish or veggies, but whitefish is where it truly sparkles. Notes of hearty garlic and onion with a citrus undertone, followed by an ember that never burns hot.
• Blackened Ops: Seafood, steak, poultry, and pork will all taste better on your fork with a little Blackened Ops action.
• Private Pork: The seasoning that makes you put dat pork on your fork. Let’s be real–nobody invites friends over to microwave, so fire up that grill, wear your stretchy sweats, and dine on swine.
• LZ Chicken: This ditty-boppin’ chicken toppin’ will have your whole household screaming “Winner, winner chicken dinner!” And you’ll be screaming, “WTF does that even mean?” But it’s all good. And now, so is your chicken.
In addition to their spice blends, Corspice offers military-themed and outdoor/rugged-themed gift boxes and kitchen items.
The start of the spice:
It all started when founder and U.S. Marine Bill D. was stationed in Korea back in the late ’80s. Bill discovered that MREs tasted like @#$%, but by mixing certain MREs, he could re-create the consistency and flavor of chili. Soon, word got out. A long line wrapped around the outside of his tent with Marines longing for the flavors of home, and a foodie was born.
A decade ago, a friend gifted Bill with savory spices from Europe. Because his family loved the spices, he reverse engineered them, spending months experimenting in his kitchen to perfect the spice blends for pork, chicken and beef. In no time, friends were requesting his magic blends, and people would visit Bill, leaving their empty jars on his kitchen counter, hoping for a refill.
This is where Corspice partner and “Chief Tasting Officer” Bob enters the picture. As Godfather to Bill’s kids, Bob would visit regularly visit from Arizona. Bill was always cooking for Bob, and Bob saw the growing demand for Bill’s spice blends. One night, after a few beers, (okay, maybe it was more than a few) Bob slammed his hand down on the counter and proclaimed, “I’ll invest. Let’s DO this!” Bob doesn’t recall this is how it went down, but that’s our story, and we’re sticking to it. Anyhow, Bob did invest, and here we are.
Corspice gives back to active military, veterans and first responders with every bottle sold. A percentage of proceeds goes to Freedom Service Dogs of America. This incredible organization transforms dogs into custom-trained, life-changing assistance dogs for people in need.
West Chicago, IL
More things to do in Chicago:
• Oak Brook Artisan Market – 2-Day Outdoor Market in Oak Brook, IL
• Chicago Artisan Market – Best of the Midwest in Fulton Market and Ravenswood