The Causegear and Made By Free Women brands, founded by Brad & Dr. Katherine Jeffrey, provide quality, handcrafted apparel and accessories, designed in Chicago and made “free”… that is, FREE from human trafficking, slavery and poverty.
Every purchase supports a day of freedom for your crafter through a self-sustaining job in India. Made with sustainable and eco-friendly materials whenever possible, every product has a lifetime guarantee to be free of defects in materials and workmanship. Days of freedom are being measured and tagged on every item.
Make a difference in the life of another when you shop with Causegear / Made By Free Women at theChicago Artisan Market at Morgan MFG (401 N. Morgan St., Chicago) on Sunday, March 8, 2020 (10am-4pm). Discover 100+ top Chicago & Midwest artisans in food, fashion, home goods + art.
Do you know the facts?
• Today there are 40 million people in slavery, an all-time high. (including human trafficking) (source: Global Slavery Index)
• 40% of slavery is in India, more than any other country. (source: Global Slavery Index)
• Over 70% of slaves are female. (source: Global Slavery Index)
• Human trafficking is the third-biggest criminal enterprise in the world, after drug trafficking and counterfeiting. (Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation)
• Human trafficking accounts for more than 32 billion dollars in illegal profits every year, more than Nike, Google and Starbucks combined. (source: International Labour Office)
• In India alone, there are 300 million people living in poverty with an income of $1.90/day or less. (source: World Bank) India ranks highest on the list of countries with the most people living at this level. (source: International Labour Office)
The Causegear mission: To transform the lives of one million people trapped in unfathomable poverty and injustice to become self-sustaining. Most items include the name and face of one of the crafters who made your gear. Causegear is a social enterprise with 90% of its profits benefiting crafters.
The simple purchase of a tote, t-shirt or apron helps free a woman from injustice. The need for jobs that support freedom for women has never been greater, and The Made By Free Women brand empowers women in the world’s most impoverished places through self-sustaining jobs.
Causegear / Made By Free Women