bibi’s 100% Handcrafted Natural Shea Body Butter, developed by Kristyl Thomas, is a line of handcrafted, organic African Shea body butter, lip balm and hair balm.
The bibi’s body butter is made from unrefined African Shea, organic and cold-pressed sunflower and coconut oil. Kristyl adds small amounts of 100% all-natural frankincense and lavender essential oils to the body butter to tone down the nutty aroma of the plant-based African Shea butter.
We are excited to welcome bibi’s Shea Butter to the Oak Brook Artisan Market at Oakbrook Center on Sat & Sun, May 18-19, 2019. This 2-day outdoor market showcases the Midwest’s finest artisans in fashion, food, home goods + art.
• Body Butter – Made with 100% natural, whipped African Shea Body Butter and all-natural, organic ingredients. It softens, protects and nourishes, leaving your skin feeling soft and smooth all day long. A little goes a very long way.
• Lip Balm – Made with unrefined African Shea butter, 100% organic, cold pressed coconut oil and sunflower oil, and 100% all natural essential oils.
• Hair Balm – This product is perfect for natural, frizzy or kinky hair. It promotes hair growth, adds natural moisture to hair, and is made with 100% unrefined African Shea, unrefined cold-pressed organic coconut oil and sunflower oil, 100% natural jojoba, lanolin, beeswax, Jamaican Black castor oil and rosemary essential oil. Contains products derived from nuts.
“Bibi” is Swahili for grandmother, which Kristyl became in 2016. Over 12 years ago, Kristyl’s daughter started painting what would eventually become the bibi’s tree as shea butter is derived from the seed of the fruit of the shea tree which is indigenous to parts of Africa. Family is everything to Kristyl, and their health and well being is at the core of the brand.
How it all started:
It was a matter of personal integrity that inspired Kristyl to explore nutritional foods and personal care products for herself and her family. She set out on a journey to transition her family from a diet she felt compromised their mind, body, and spirit to a nutritional diet that would nurture the mind, body, and spirit.
Kristyl’s relationship with food led her to engage in a healthier relationship with her family’s personal care products. A lot of what was now found in her kitchen spilled over into the family’s bathroom as they began using organic coconut oil, raw apple cider vinegar, organic coconut milk and sunflower oil, arrowroot powder, baking soda, and everything in between for their hair and body regimens.
As she continued to purge toxic ingredients found in personal care products and food items from their home, she was inspired to research and mix small batches of natural shea body butter for friends and family. They began requesting the products for their skin and hair and Kristyl engaged in the journey to bibi’s 100% Handcrafted Natural Shea Body Butter.
bibi’s 100% Handcrafted Natural Shea Body Butter
View Etsy site
* Chicago Artisan Market – 100+ Artisans in Food, Fashion, Home Goods + Art
* Oak Brook Artisan Market – 2-Day Outdoor Market at Oakbrook Center
* StyleChicago.com’s 6th annual Cruise in Style aboard the Odyssey