Allegory Handcrafted Goods, founded by Chad & Jessica Schumacher, believes life should be full of meaning, not meaningless junk. So they created a collection of writing tools (pens, pencils, and fountain pens), leather notebooks, padfolios, wallets, bags and camera gear – all handcrafted from materials with interesting stories. Everything is made in Chicago and guaranteed for life.
We are excited to welcome Allegory Handcrafted Goods to the Chicago Artisan Market on Sunday, March 10, 2019 from 10am-4pm at Morgan MFG (401 N. Morgan St.), where they will join 100+ top artisans in food, fashion, home goods + art.
The artisans at Allegory Handcrafted Goods work with their hands, minds and hearts to create products with amazing stories that last a lifetime. It starts with searching the world for materials with interesting stories, which then become products you can use everyday.
Allegory Goods are created with:
• Ancient Woods – unique woods dating back thousands upon thousands of years and from different parts of the world … the stories are fascinating and you can read more here.
• Historic Woods – USS North Carolina original teak decking, Chicago’s own CCP Holden Building (1027 W. Madison), Cuban mahogany
• Reclaimed Woods – rescued Sinker Cyprus, picklewood (Douglas Fir and Redwood), Wild Black Cherry, Indonesian Teak, Walnut, Red Oak, White Ash
• Leathers – Ecuadorian Latigo & Kangaroo Leather
The Allegory Guarantee:
• They don’t stop until you love it – They put their heart, soul, and sweat into everything they make. If you aren’t head over heels in love when you get it, let them know, and they’ll make it right.
• It should outlive us – These are not throw-away products – they are designed to last a lifetime and are repairable, if necessary. Even after a few years of great use, they’ll be happy to fix or replace anything they create. No receipt needed because when they put the Allegory logo on something, they’re signing their work and making a promise… and that promise doesn’t require paperwork.
Allegory Handcrafted Goods