Adorn Candles makes small-batch, artisan candles and reusable food wraps in the Portage Park neighborhood of Chicago. The candles are made using beeswax, a natural and healthy substance used in candle making since ancient times, and coconut wax made from cold-pressed coconut oil. The wicks are 100% untreated wood that crackle softly as they burn. You will not find soot, chemicals, additives or other unnecessary ingredients in Adorn Candles.
Popular candle scents include:
• White Earl Grey – A modern turn on a world classic taste, this lighter and brighter Earl Grey has uplifting apricot nuances and tartly orange flavor from the elite and robust bergamot. All balanced with a smooth infusion of top shelf, superior white tea. Luxury ingredients: white tea, marigold petals.
• Tobacco – Top notes of lemon, orange, and verbena; middle notes of juniper berry and hay; base notes of labdanum, vetiver and tobacco.
• Mountain Rain – Crisp, light, clean fragrance of pristine mountain air after the rain. Soft floral undertones mingles with juicy citrus, and hints of pine and musk to create this wonderful scent.
• Orange Ginger – Top notes of sweet orange, ozone and melon blends well with heart notes of hyacinth, rose and peach. A light musk at the base completes the fragrance.
• Red Currant & Thyme – A rich floral blend of fruity and herbal tea aromas with depth and complexity, topped with some tartness and musk notes.
• Log Cabin – A woodsy blend of fresh cedar, true patchouli, natural lavender, effervescent clove, and aromatic eucalyptus.
• Eucalyptus Spearmint – An invigorating herbal blend of eucalyptus and spearmint with fresh citrus lemon, lavender flowers, and a hint of sage.
• Ginger Lime – Bright and zesty lemon-lime blend combined with the warm and comforting notes of honeyed ginger.
• Lavender Sage – Top notes of French lavender, lime, sage, and fern leaves; followed by middle notes of dill, pepper, moss, and ginger; and well rounded with base notes of pine, musk, and patchouli.
• Exotic woods – An exotic, masculine blend of teakwood surrounded by rich spices of cardamom, cinnamon, and clove; sitting on base notes of cedar, amber, sandalwood, and patchouli.
• Kudzu – Kudzu has a very unique aroma, which can be best described as sweetened grapes with fresh greenery notes and floral undertones.
The candles are hand poured in 4oz. or 8oz. quilted Ball mason jars.
Reusable Food Wraps:
Adorn Candles also makes and sells Reusable Food Wrap. They are simple, sustainable, all-natural and a great substitute for single-use plastic wrap or bags. The ingredients used to make the Reusable Food Wraps are cotton, locally sourced beeswax, jojoba oil and pine rosin.
Beeswax is naturally antibacterial and water resistant and the food wraps can be hand-washed with cool, soapy water and a mild soap or detergent. (Be sure to keep them away from heat!)
The food wraps are “activated” by rolling it into a ball in your hands and then using it to cover a variety of foods or dishes, including cut produce, fruit, nuts, sandwiches, leftover cheese and more. It can keep bread from going stale and works well on stored food in the refrigerator, but do not freeze the wraps or use them to store raw meat.
With normal usage, wraps last approximately one year. They can be composted or used as a fire-starter, and they are completely bio-degradable!
* Chicago Artisan Market – 100+ Artisans in Food, Fashion, Home Goods + Art
* Oak Brook Artisan Market – 2-Day Outdoor Market at Oakbrook Center
* StyleChicago.com’s 6th annual Cruise in Style aboard the Odyssey