|Name:||Memorial Day Cocktails from Maker's Mark|
Itís time for barbeques, beaches, backyard dinner parties, and poolside cocktails. Yes, spring is here and summer is just around the corner!
Whether grilling this Memorial Day or just taking some time to sit on the porch and enjoy the warm weather, Makerís Mark has just the thing to delight and refresh.
The Makerís Mark Spring-Time Manhattan cocktail will wake up those taste buds with a classic drink adapted to melt away the winter blues.
1.5 parts Makerís Mark
.5 parts Maurin Quina Liqueur
1 bar spoon Stirrings Ginger
4 dashes Peychauds Bitters
1 heaping bar spoon of Orange Marmalade
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass
2. Fill with ice & shake until frost forms on the tin
3. Strain into chilled cocktail glass
4. Garnish with a fresh orange twist
When entertaining lots of guests, try whipping up a batch of Makerís Mark Fancy Bourbon Punch.
Fancy Bourbon Punch
1 liter Maker's Mark
1 cup granulated sugar
Peels of 3 lemons & 1 orange
Juice of peeled fruit
1 liter of strong tea (preferably green tea)
250 ml champagne (club soda can be used for a less fancy version)
Freshly grated nutmeg
1. Combine sugar & citrus peels in the bottom of a punch bowl. Muddle together until sugar starts to clump together. Let sit for about 2 hours, (while not necessary, this does add a little complexity)
2. Brew the tea for about 30 minutes, remove loose tea or tea bags & allow to cool
3. Add the juice of the peeled fruit, tea & Bourbon, then stir
4. Top with Champagne just before serving & stir gently. Top with freshly grated nutmeg & serve
Like Maker's Mark on Facebook
Follow Maker's Mark on Twitter
To learn more about Maker's Mark & these recipes, please visit them online at MakersMark.com.
|Not a member yet? Sign up now for fabulous discounts on your next event.|